Friday, September 30, 2016

BIG GUNS FRIDAY (MORNING)!

So, it's Friday -  I can sleep in and get to SHS just as the bell rings or I can get to school while its still dark and get after it!

I have a half an hour before school and I get as much done as I can:

3 rounds of 45 second Med. Ball Slams/Box Jumps to warm up.

Rack Pull and Hold 3 sets of 315 for 7-10 with 30 second hold - No Wraps, double Over grip.
1 Set of 405 for as many as I can - double over grip - finish to 10 over/Under Hold as long as I can.

Alternating Power Dumbell Curls: 3 Sets of 75 lbs for 5 in each hand.
1 Set of 55 lb to failure.

Still recovering from the neck surgery but that's an eye-opener.

Then I have 10 minutes to clean up and get to class. Pumped up and READY to GO!

In less than a half an hour.... at 6:30 am, my 47-year-old self was moving Iron, you were sleeping (probably). YOU have to decide to be a teenager or a Monster, a Coach/Teacher or an INSPIRATION.
I'm not saying you have to do what I do, but opting away from leisure and sloth leads to a more exciting life and more fulfilled human being. In my humble opinion.

Like the commercial says: It's what we do in the dark, or when no one is watching that makes us... well, you fill in the blank.

Okay, Let's GO!
--Coach Cap


No comments:

Post a Comment