Tuesday, September 22, 2015

MarcUS Dixon McInerney - One of the First SHS Strongmen


For those of you who don't know, "Strongman" at Stamford High was actually started back around 2008. I will write a page on that at a later date. One of our first "Black Knights Strongman Team" members was Marcus Dixon McInerney. Marcus and I worked out together all the time in the old weight room that was behind the stadium before it was torn down (because we broke it with the 275 pound stone:). His smile was infectious. He spotted me when I hit my last PR on the bench as a matter of fact. This workout time together allowed me to get to know him pretty well and even, I hope, call him friend - It was an honor. He was a good kid, a troubled kid, but a good kid. Life swooped in and gave him a way out of his situation, and then it swooped in and took him from us. Gone but never forgotten.

Marcus' legacy teaches us to embrace everyday, good or bad,
and that with every new day comes an opportunity to begin again.

We miss you my old friend. You will forever be a member of the Black Knights Strongman Team.

All our thoughts and prayers to his friends and family on this day and everyday,
- Coach Cap

For those of you who would like to learn more about him, if you missed the MarcUS for Change Day Walk/Run, you can Click Here.



No comments:

Post a Comment