Tuesday, March 15, 2016

COLD WATER SWIMMING/SHOWER Benefits

Those of you who have known me for years know that (other than this year because of neck surgery) I have been swimming/dunking in the ocean during the winter for the past 15 years as well as taking cold showers in the morning to start the day. It is so hard to hop under the icy flow first thing in the morning or the icy waters of Long Island Sound, but soooo beneficial to the body & mind. You think a cup of coffee can get you going.... try it. Maximum will power booster and good in so many ways.

Disclaimer: I would suggest cold showers first before you go running into the icy waters of the winter Sound! Hypothermia is real. I have had a few close calls. Start slow.

As I heal up I am slowly getting back into my cold water routine and already feeling the life come back to my, well, life.
Here is a link to an article explaining the actual scientific benefits.
And on my Youtube page somewhere there is a bunch of videos of me hoping in the ocean on my Birthday in October and New Years, etc.. Oh yeah I was also in the Greenwich Times caught by a reporter splashing around, I think it was last January at Tod's Point. (The reporter thought I was a Missing Link :)

ARTICLE CLICK HERE<<

My Youtube Channel CLICK HERE<<<

No comments:

Post a Comment