Thursday, May 19, 2016

Bored? Try a Little Zen Koan...5 Chickens Shu-Shu: On the Road

5 Chickens Shu-Shu: On the Road

 

I had begun to head out when a man approached me, and me being a monk, he asked:  

"What is the secret to enlightenment, master?"
My bag was heavy. I thought this question, especially following my epiphany, deserved great thought and attention, so I placed my weighty satchel down and began to ponder. The man watched me put down my bag with great interest, and as soon as it hit the ground he hollered excitedly:
"Yes, master I understand!"
He threw his bedroll and wallet at the feet of a beggar on the side of the road, rubbed my belly and ran away clicking his heels.

"What the hell was that?!" I squealed. "I didn't even say anything!? Man's a nut," I shook my fist and said, "Part of that cash is mine, beggar. No. Don't put the wallet down ther-- okay you win." Shrugging, I hoisted my sack full of chickens up, (hurting my lower lumbar because it was so heavy) and limped away on my new adventure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment