Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Thank You Coaches and Athletes! Year One Almost Done.

As the school year draws to a close I just wanted to thank everyone who participated in making our first year of Strength and Conditioning here at Stamford High a tremendous success. I think we lit a fire in the hearts and minds and bodies of many of our young athletes (and coaches) and helped them to understand just how important (and fun) this training is in helping Stamford High compete at higher levels.

I would first like to thank Coach Moriarty for having the vision to make Strength and Conditioning a reality. Also like to thank the Athletic Council and Coaches Burns and Scianna and Parness for supporting us with funding, equipment and athletes to train. (We will miss you Parness!). To Coaches Buckett and Sam Krom for always being there when I needed extra help or filling in when I had my surgery (couldn't have done it without you two!!!). And to all the Coaches who pushed their teams to come and especially those who joined us in training: Lacomis, Nazz, G, Lewis, Espo, Gladstone, Forsythe, Donovan, etc. etc. (If I left anyone out thank you!)  To Q and Big E and D who train in the mornings with me and helped me rehab and worked with the kids too! And to all of you coaches who haven't joined us... yet. You will, just look at our success rate.

Like I tell our athletes : "Strength and Conditioning Training is a marathon, not a sprint - a lifestyle"... and our long journey to greatness has just begun... but what a fun successful start we have had. Looking forward to next year. Hopefully getting a Strongman Competition tradition started and sooo much more. Look back over the blog and see where we started and all the great fun and progress we have had (SHSFIT.COM!)
Enjoy Summer,

--COACH CAP
Your Black Knights Strength Coaches

No comments:

Post a Comment