Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Strongman Training Keeps Me Young

With my, yes, 47th birthday fast approaching - people always ask me why I keep doing Strongman Training? I look them right in the eye and ask them, why at their age, why THEY don't?

Strongman Training makes me feel young, like a kid in a sand box full of the world's biggest toys - And it keeps me feeling like that kid in the sand box. The neuro chemicals that are released give me a euphoric rush that you only feel from major exertion, (marathon running, crazy adrenaline X-Games Stuff, etc.), jumping in the ocean in January (which I do too), car crashes and being a small child running around like a rabid raccoon with a plastic bucket on your head headbutting people in the crotch while your mother chases you with a wooden spoon. Now that's living! Woo! Can I get a "YES COACH?!"

Plus it makes you strong as... and fit, and it releases aggression in a healthy manner, it makes you better, bigger stronger, faster, smarter. It makes for sparkling dinner party conversation- "Hey what did you do today?" "Well, I pulled a 2000 lb. pound truck. What did you do?" And... the people who do it with me are awesome. Bonding over tire flipping is like meeting your first friend in the sand box as you fight over a shovel then wind up building the biggest coolest sand castle together ever!

Anyway. Why aren't you doing it? Why aren't your athletes doing it? Why aren't you doing it with them?
Soon to be 47 and feeling AWESOME!
-Coach Cap


(PS. No, the back isn't from the Strongman - it is from sitting too much! 2 Surgeons agreed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment